Jump to navigation Jump to search
Inappropriate is a social trait in The Sims 3. It conflicts with the proper trait.
Inappropriate Sims talk about the wrong thing at the wrong time, never think to dress properly, and never think to apologize when they've wronged someone. They enjoy mocking others with harsh words.
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- Sim can more easily insult other Sims.
- Sim doesn't always dress properly for all occasions.
- Sim can try to kiss, tickle or even propose marriage when other Sims wouldn't dare.
- Sim has a special "Make Fun Of" interaction on other Sims.
- Provides a bonus to Sims writing in the humor genre.
- When visiting a household, Sim will not give the host Sims the "Rude Guest" moodlet when doing the following - sleeping in the bed, eating from the fridge, bathing or showering, or doing a mean social interaction with the host Sim.
- Inappropriate Sims will have the option to talk about other Sims that are standing nearby.
Unlocked interactions[edit | edit source]
- Inappropriate Sims can rummage through other Sims' garbage.
- Inappropriate Sims can "Knock Over" neighbors' garbage cans.
- Sim has the "Sponge Bath" option with sinks which will enable them to bathe anywhere where there is a sink (and generally offend everybody in the room for being naked)
- Inappropriate Sims can "Talk About Other" if a third party is present. This includes talking about the Sim's face, job, or family.
- Inappropriate Sims can kiss any Sims: even their own enemies or strangers. Usually the Sim will be rejected unless they have a high relationship with the other Sim or the other Sim has the flirty trait.
- Inappropriate Sims can make inappropriate forum posts on the computer.
- Can "Criticize His/Her Family" as a mean interaction. Only available for inappropriate and mean spirited Sims.
Player notes[edit | edit source]
- Inappropriate Sims will laugh when another Sim is aging up.
- Inappropriate Sims tend to laugh at Sims experiencing misfortune much like mean spirited and evil Sims, unless of course the Inappropriate Sim also has the good trait. They won't laugh at dying Sims like Evil Sims do though.
- This trait does not conflict with the friendly or Good Trait. Despite the interactions, inappropriate Sims are still able to be polite in conversation.
- Similar to Mean Spirited Sims, inappropriate Sims can autonomously insult other Sims, although not as often as mean spirited Sims.
- While it is a "mean" interaction, inappropriate Sims' "Make Fun Of (Sim's Name)" will be considered friendly on certain occasions, especially if the target Sim doesn't get along with the Sims being made fun of. Certain traits also influence the ratio in which this interaction is regarded as "Mean" or "Friendly". mean spirited and other inappropriate Sims are more accepting of this interaction, whilst friendly and good Sims are less accepting of it.
- Inappropriate Sims will on occasion autonomously attempt to kiss strangers or friends of their preferred gender, which can cause the Inappropriate Sim to be accused of cheating if the kiss was accepted and the Sims' partner is standing nearby.
- Inappropriate Sims tend to talk maliciously when gossiping about other Sims' misfortune around the neighborhood. They share this with mean spirited and evil Sims.
- Because inappropriate Sims can get away with "inappropriate behavior" in another household, the trait can come in handy for a "homeless Sim" challenge, especially when paired with the mooch trait. They can be let inside by other Sims, sleep in their beds, use their showers/toilets and eat their food without consequence. They can do this as long as the inappropriate Sim has a good relationship with the host and the host doesn't decide to leave the house.
- Inappropriate Sims can bypass the "First Kiss" interaction with their own inappropriate "Kiss". When an inappropriate Sim performs their first kiss through the inappropriate "Kiss" interaction, no romantic music will play.
- For some reason, the "Tickle" interaction was removed in later patches.
Pre-made Inappropriate Sims[edit | edit source]