The Sims: Unleashed
(Redirected from Unleashed)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Sims: Unleashed|
|Box art for The Sims: Unleashed|
|Release date(s)||September 23, 2002|
|Themes||Pets, Gardening, Cajun|
|Patches and updates|
Features[edit | edit source]
New neighborhoods[edit | edit source]
New objects[edit | edit source]
- Pet beds, baths, bowls, toys
- Grand Delusions Mask Display
New families[edit | edit source]
New NPCs[edit | edit source]
- El Bandito, a raccoon
- Henri LeStanc, a skunk
- Miss Lucille
- Tidy Heidi
- Travelin’ Joe
- Animal Control Evan
- Gardener Bob
- Sir Will of Orinda
- Giuseppi Renni and Mr. McCutch, his monkey
- W.C. Friendly
New careers[edit | edit source]
New building themes[edit | edit source]
- French Quarter
Other new features[edit | edit source]
- Adopt Pets: Adopt a cat or dog from the local adoption center.
- New skills for pets: Train your Pets so that they can have skills like housebreaking, hunting, obedience, and tricks.
- New interactions: Rubbing, playing, clapping, praising, and scolding. Pets can even enter a pet show.
- Inventory: Sims also have an inventory, where Sims store objects such as pet collars, vegetables (grown from gardens or bought from a market), and pet treats.
- Build on vacant lots: Players can now build houses on vacant residential lots, and can modify unoccupied houses.[n 1]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Sims: Unleashed is featured in episode 3 of the 4th season of Six Feet Under.
- There is a bug in the game, sometimes referred to as the Upside-down head syndrome or Upside-down face disease (among other names), which causes the Sim icons to change into incorrect images, or for the Sim heads to become invisible. The bug is caused by corrupted character files. The only verified solution is to delete the character file, though if a backup of the character file exists, it can be imported into the game after the corrupted file is deleted.
- The Sims Unleashed is the only game in The Sims series to change its intro video.
- The zydeco music introduced in The Sims: Unleashed was written and performed by the Zydeco Flames, a real-life zydeco band. They were the first music artists who re-dubbed their original songs into Simlish for the game.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- The Sims Unleashed TV Commercial
The Sims: Unleashed TV commercial
- The Sims Unleashed Review
The Sims: Unleashed review
- The Sims Unleashed Official Video Trailer
The Sims: Unleashed official trailer
Media[edit | edit source]
Audio[edit | edit source]
|The Sims: Unleashed Theme|
Notes[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|"The Sims" Chronology|
The Sims: Vacation
March 25, 2002
|The Sims series expansion packs||Followed by|
The Sims: Superstar
May 15, 2003